God's Word Has All The Answers
Christ Living In You
When you invited The Lord Jesus Into Your Life, He actually and literally came to live in you. Christianity is LIFE [The Life Of Christ] Coming Into You At The Moment You Were Born Again, And Then Living Through Your Body Each Moment Of Each Day. It is not imitating Christ; it is the indwelling of Christ. It is not trying to live like Christ; it is trusting Christ to live in and through you.
Paul said in (((Galatians 2:20))) that "Christ liveth in me" and in (((Colossians 1:27))) Paul said "Christ in you is the hope of glory." Paul also says in (((I. Corinthians 6:19-
God's word conclusively testifies that when you are BORN AGAIN, the Lord Jesus, as the Holy Spirit, actually comes to live in your body.
Failure to realize that Christ lives in you will result in discouragement and defeat. If you think of Christ as simply being near you rather than living in you, your constant efforts will be to get closer to Him, or to get Him closer to you. However, the truth is Christ lives in you. Know This! Believe This! Experience This!
He is more than just a helper to assist you; more than a teacher to instruct you; and more than a friend to encourage you. He does more than give you strength, He is your strength. He is life, and your life -
This lesson will help you to realize that Christ lives in you. You should memorize (((Galatians 2:20))) so that you may be reminded of this great fact.
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
1. Why is the question, "Have You Been Born Again?" life's most important question? (((John 3:3, 7; Romans 8:9)))
2. Why did God send Jesus into the world? (((Luke 19:10; John 3:16-
4. Look up the word "ETERNAL" in the dictionary and write a brief definition.
5. Why did Jesus say that He came into the world? (((Luke 19:10; John 10:10)))
6. How do I know that He loves me enough to save me? (((John 3:16; Romans 5:8)))
7. How do I get Jesus to come into my life? (((John 1:12)))
8. What is the difference between receiving Jesus into my life and just knowing about Him?
9. What has happened because I have confessed that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour and the Son of God? (((I. John 4:14-
10. Can I know for certain that I have Christ living in me? (((I. John 3:24; 5:7, 10))) How?
11. In what ways does the Holy Spirit assures me that I am a child of God? (((Romans 8:16)))
12. What is one of the basic reasons God inspired the letter of (I John) to be written? (((I. John 5:13)))
13. What did Paul say about his assurance of salvation? (((II. Timothy 1:12)))
14. What does Christ guarantee to those in whom He live? (((John 10:28-
15. What can separate me from the love of God, which is in Christ? (((Romans 8:35-
16. Paul knew that Christ actually lived in him. What did he discover about how he was to experience this Christian life? (((Galatians 2:20)))
17. How should I behave now that Christ lives in me? (((II. Corinthians 5:14-
18. What should characterize my life? (((Mark 12:30-
19. How can I show the Lord Jesus that I love Him? (((John 14:21,23; Matthew 28:19-
20. What are some ways that I can show others that I love them? (((Romans 12:10-
21. What has God faithfully promised if I seek, above everything else, His Lordship over my life? (((Matthew 6:33)))
22. Of what did Christ warn me to beware? (((Luke 12:15))) Why?
23. What will happen if I use my life for my own selfishness and do not give it in service to God and man? (((John 12:25-
24. From what I have studied, how do I know that I am a child of God and Christ lives within me?
HOW TO MEMORIZE AND RETAIN
1. Read aloud the assigned verse separately five times in the morning and five times in the evening (Preferably just before retiring).
2. Repeat this procedure for seven days
3. Each time before reading the scripture verse, repeat book, chapter and verse number. (This Helps You To Memorize The Location Of The Scripture Along With The Actual Scripture Text Itself)
4. Each morning and evening review the verses you have already learned until you know them like you know your own name.
Your Life Will Be Enriched By Prayer
Christ's life was filled with prayer.
(((Mark 1:35))) "And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed." If you are to grow into Christ likeness you also need to spend time with Him in daily prayer.
Jesus said in (((Luke 18:1))) "Men ought always to pray, and not to faint." Without prayer you will be easily defeated by the temptations of the enemy.
God assures you that in answer to prayer He will take care of your need. Jesus said in (((John 16:24))) "Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full." (((Romans 8:32))) "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?"
Your Lord promises to answer prayer, but there are certain conditions. (((John 15:7))) says: "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." To "ABIDE" means to "CONSTANTLY LIVE." In other words, if you live in constant fellowship with Christ, and in daily obedience to God's word, then you can ask what you will and it shall be done.
At first prayer may be difficult. The words may come slowly, but you must keep on praying. Even the disciples had to learn to pray. They went to Jesus and said "Lord teach us to pray" (((Luke l1:1)))
The questions in this lesson are designed to help you learn more about prayer and its power. You can begin now by memorizing (((John 15:7))).
"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."
PATTERN OF PRAYER
1. To whom am I to address my prayers? (((Luke 11:2)))
2. Why then am I to approach God in Christ's name? (((John 14:6; I. Timothy 2:5)))
3. Who do I have continually helping me as I pray? (((Romans 8:26)))
4. How can I be sure that God hears my prayers? (((I. Peter 3:12; I. John 5:14-
5. What is God's condition for answering prayer? (((Matthew 21:22)))
6. What am I to believe? (((Hebrews 11:6; Romans 4:20-
7. What is the major reason prayer is answered? (((John 14:13)))
8. What is another reason prayer is answered? (((John 16:24)))
9. What has God done that assures me that He will provide me with all my needs? (((Romans 8:32)))
10. Through whom does God supply my needs? (((Philippians 4:19)))
11. What can I bring to God in prayer? (((Philippians 4:6)))
12. What are some of the specific things for which I should pray? (((Matthew 6:11-
13. What is a good prayer that I can pray to help me live a life of victory? (((Psalms 139:23-
14. What are some causes of prayer being unanswered? (((Jeremiah 5:25; Mark 11:25-
15. If my prayer seems to be unanswered and I believe that I am asking in God's will, what should be my attitude? (((Hebrews 10:35-
16. What are some characteristics of the prayer life of Jesus? (((Matthew 14:23; Mark 1:35)))
17. When did David find it best to pray? (((Psalms 5:1-
18. When would be a good time, and where would be a good place for me to spend a few minutes alone in prayer?
19. Why is it important for me to pray daily?
Guard your prayer time!
Satan will use every device to cause you to miss one day, and when you do, BEWARE, DEFEAT IS NEAR!
God's Word In Your Life
You are to search for God's truth as you would for a hidden treasure (((Proverbs 2:4))). David said in (((Psalms 119:127))) ignorance of the truth of God means ignorance of Jesus. Jesus said "Search the scriptures ... they ...testify of Me" (((John 5:39))).
This precious treasure of truth is your SPIRITUAL FOOD so necessary if you are to grow and develop into a strong and useful Christian. David loved God's word "How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" (((Psalms 119:103))). Job esteemed the words of God's mouth more than necessary food (((Job 23:12))).
God's word is also a SPIRITUAL LIGHT that guides your daily walk in Christ. David said in (((Psalms 119:105))) "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
When Jesus was tempted, He met each temptation with God's word (((Matthew 4:3-
Faith comes from knowing the truth of God (((Romans 10:17))) and without faith it is
impossible to please God (((Hebrews 11:6))). Jesus said over in (((John 8:31-
continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth
shall make you free. How wonderful to be free from the power of sin!
This lesson will help you to realize the importance of God's word and in studying and
memorizing the scriptures. You can begin now to memorize (((Psalms 119:11))).
"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."
SEARCHING THE SCRIPTURES
1. How has God given mankind His written word? (((II. Timothy 3:16; II. Peter 1:20-
2. What did God inspire Isaiah and Jeremiah to do? (((Isaiah 30:8; Jeremiah 30:1-
3. What person is the bible all about? (((John 5:39; Luke 24:25-
4. What did Jesus say about His word? (((John 6:63)))
5. What can I be sure of about God's word? (((Psalms 119:152,160; I. Peter 1:25)))
6. Why do I need to know God's word? (((I. Peter 2:2)))
7. Upon whom must I depend to teach me the truth? (((John 14:26)))
8. What am I to do with the truth I am taught? (((Luke 11:28; James 1:22)))
9. How has God commanded me to take His word into my life? (((Proverbs 2:1-
10. How often should I study? (((Acts 17:11)))
11. If I lack a desire to study what should I do? (((Psalms 119:36)))
12. What prayer can I pray? (((Psalms 119:27)))
13. If I am truly a Christian, what will I do about God's word? (((John 8:47)))
14. What will hearing God's word produce? (((Romans 10:17)))
15. What must I mix with the truth of God's word before it becomes profitable to me? (((Hebrews 4:2)))
16. In what ways are the scriptures profitable to me? (((II. Timothy 3:16))) List Four Ways.
17. Why is God's word so effective? (((Hebrews 4:12)))
18. As I obey God's word, how will this affect me? (((Psalms 119:165,167; John 8:31-
19. What can hinder the word from being fruitful in my life? (((Luke 8:11,14)))
20. When Jesus was tempted, how did He meet each temptation? (((Matthew 4:1-
21. How can I have God's word always available for victory over sin? (((Psalms 119:11)))
22. When would be a good time for me to study the scriptures daily?
23. What are some reasons it is necessary for me to study the bible?
The Local Church Will Strengthen Your Life
A local church is a group of baptized believers voluntarily joining together for instructions, fellowship, worship and services.
Jesus Christ personally established the church while He was here on earth to unite Christians together as a spiritual family (((Matthew 16:18))). Just as you are physically born into an earthly family, Jesus said that you must be spiritually born into God's family (((John 3:3))).
God has placed men in families for their care, protection, fellowship and development. You need the church for all the reasons you need a family and many more. It is through the church that you are to give your gifts and offerings. God's word say in (((I. Corinthians 16:2))) "Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come." Jesus also said over in (((Acts 20:35))) "I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It Is More Blessed To Give Than To Receive." He said in (((Luke 12:15))) 'Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth."
Selfishness destroys life. It kept a rich man from becoming a believer (((Mark 10:17-
This lesson is to help you learn about your church and your responsibilities within it. Begin now to memorize (((Hebrews 10:25))) to remind you to be faithful in attending and supporting your church.
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."
1. Who established the church in the New Testament? (((Matthew 16:18)))
2. How did Christ obtain the church? (((ACTS 20:28)))
3. What is Christ's relationship to the church? (((Colossians 1:18)))
4. What is the church's relationship to Christ? (((Colossians 1:18)))
5. What is necessary before a person can become a member of the church? (((Acts 2:41,47)))
6. What are the two major purposes Christ gave the church? (((Matthew 28:19-
7. What spiritual leaders has God given to the church? (((Ephesians 4:11)))
8. Why has God given them to the church? (((Ephesians 4:12)))
9. For what purpose are the saints perfected or spiritually equipped? (((Ephesians 4:12)))
10. Use a dictionary to define the word "EDIFY."
11. What are the main responsibilities of my pastor? (((Jeremiah 3:15; Acts 10:28; 6:4)))
12. What should be my attitude toward my pastor and other spiritual leaders? (((I. Thessalonians 5:12,18; Hebrews 13:7,17)))
13. What is said of the fellowship of the early church? (((Acts 2:44-
14. What is God's desires for my church? (((I. Corinthians 1:10)))
15. What is one of my responsibilities to my church? (((Ephesians 4:3)))
16. How can I do this? (((Ephesians 4:2)))
17. If any other Christian is hindered or hurt, does it affect me? Why? (((I. Corinthians 12:26)))
18. What should I do if someone tries to disrupt the fellowship of my church? (((Romans 16:17-
19. Why were deacons added as spiritual servants to the church? (((Acts 6:1-
20. What did Jesus say about the joy of giving? (((Acts 10:35)))
21. What was His feeling toward a small but sacrificial gift? (((Luke 21:3-
22. Even in poverty and affliction, how did the Macedonians give? (((II. Corinthians 8:2-
23. What is God's plan for my giving through my church? ATTITUDE (((II. Corinthians 9:7))) REGULARITY (((I. Corinthians 16:2))) AMOUNT (((I. Corinthians 16:2)))
24. What are some other things that the early Christians did as they gathered together? (((Acts 2:42; 12:5; 14:27; I. Corinthians 4:17; 16:1-
25. What must I as a true believer never neglect? (((Hebrews 10:25)))
26. What was Christ's attitude towards His church? (((Ephesians 5:25)))
27. What should be my attitude towards attending church? (((Psalms 122:1)))
28. From this study, why is it important for me to attend church faithfully and participate in its activities and fellowships?